Adventures in Twilightland
First, we want you all to know that we realize there is more to life than Twilight. We don't spend every waking moment talking and thinking about Twilight, but it is near and dear to our hearts.
Within this blog you will find our Twilight musings, declarations of adoration, and all sorts of other silly Twilight-related nonsense. And to all you other Twilight fans, we'd love to hear from you.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Welcome, Newbie!

Big T's friend from high school, Ming, just stumbled into the world of Twilight. In order to welcome her into this glorious land filled with teen angst, sparkles, and good looking vampires, we've decided to interview this new convert.

Why did you start reading the Twilight Series?
My sister gave me Twilight to try out and I was hooked! (Note from Big T: I've always thought your sister had excellent taste.)

What book are you currently reading?
Eclipse

Team Edward or Team Jacob?
Team Edward! Jacob is too "unstable", as Edward likes to call it, for me right now, haha.

If you could be any character from the series, who would you like to be and why?
Alice - she sounds super cute and happy, plus she can see into the future - how fantastic.

Have you seen the movies? If yes, did you like them? How do you feel they compared to the books? If not, how come?
Nope, haven't seen the movies yet. I think seeing teens on screen would take away from the stories. Somehow I can relate to the stories, even though I'm almost 31! Also, I don't particularly care for the actors who play the characters. (Another note from Big T: I sincerely hope you are not referring to our beloved Rob Pattinson or Taylor Lautner. If so, you may be receiving dog doo in the mail.)

How immersed in the Twilight community have you become? Talking to strangers about the series when you notice Twilight gear, reading blogs, writing your own blog, owning action figures, wearing shirts, etc.
I haven't become that immersed in the Twilight community, but I think I'm going to be content just reading the books. I'm not big on paraphernalia. (Yet another note from Big T: Ming, Ming, Ming - once you are a member of the Twilight fandom long enough, the paraphernalia just starts to appear around you. Prepare to be assimilated. )

Would you ever want to visit Forks, Washington to see all the real locations?
Sure!

What is your favorite part about the series so far? Least favorite?
Favorite part - when Edward and Bella are getting to know each other in Twilight. He's so sweet to her. Least favorite - Every time Bella does something reckless. She can be so annoying. Jeez, if I were Edward or Jacob, I would get so tired of rescuing her all the time!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Ming! We are utterly delighted that you joined us over here in Twilightland!

No comments:

Post a Comment