Adventures in Twilightland
First, we want you all to know that we realize there is more to life than Twilight. We don't spend every waking moment talking and thinking about Twilight, but it is near and dear to our hearts.
Within this blog you will find our Twilight musings, declarations of adoration, and all sorts of other silly Twilight-related nonsense. And to all you other Twilight fans, we'd love to hear from you.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Tempted by the Fruit of Another

I have been feeling guilty lately about something and I have to confess, Twilightland friends. I am hooked on another vampire book series!

It started out innocently, me wanting to just have something new to read when I get a spare minute. (What about Twilight, you ask? I read a good 10 minutes or more of the series every day, thank you!) I am looking at the discount books at K-mart and grab one called Blue Bloods. It's cheap, not a huge tomb, and isn't a teaching manual - sold! Once at home, I take it out and start reading. It's good, really good.

Cut to the end of that week and I have devoured all four existing books in the series. As I type, I anxiously await October so I can get my next Blue Bloods fix.

We all read other books, right? Well, this is a little different because this is a series about vampires. Who are teens. And there is a love triangle. Did I mention that werewolves are being added to the series eventually?

No sparkling in sunlight for these vamps, but I am completely intrigued with the author's concepts. Vampires are really angels that were cast out of heaven for following the Morningstar - Lucifer. They must live their lives out on Earth, helping civilization in order to try to win favor with the Almighty for a second chance at heaven.

Yes, they suck blood, but never drain people. It is supposed to be a holy, special kind of exchange between human familiar and vampire. Plus, they get reincarnated after every life cycle with memories that kick-in as they reach the age of 18. Many of the vamps can remember back to the Mayflower or even ancient Egypt.

Now, imagine all this, plus add a dash of teenage angst and self-discovery. Makes for an interesting mix. Especially when you are a rich, elite teen who finds out that you have super powers and need to suck blood to survive.

The whole new take on vampires has me thirsting for more, much like Twilight did. But rest assured friends, I may be tempted, but will never desert Twidom. After all, there is only one Edward.

It's ok, Big T. I know you'll always come back to me in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment